A lot of crypto and blockchain applications require API keys to use them properly. For example, trading bots, portfolio trackers, third-party trading platforms, and so on. If you are looking for how to create and set up an API key, let’s take the biggest crypto exchange in this example, Binance. Therefore, keep on reading this learning crypto blog post, and find out how to create a Binance API key. Also, new users of Binance will get 5% off at trading fees for a lifetime.
What is an API key?
In short, regarding this Binance API key example, the API key it’s used to authenticate and give permission to a third-party application, to access some of the Binance account features. For example, to read your Binance account portfolio, enable spot and margin trading features, enable withdrawals, universal transfers, and vanilla options.
The Binance API keys will be used for distinct cases by every user, more specifically for what every user needs the API key for. But, to keep your account secured, I would recommend that everybody should limit the permissions. And by this, I mean only to enable the permissions for reading plus spot and margin trading, which will work for trading bots, third-party trading platforms, portfolio trackers.
How to create and set up the Binance API key?
Time needed: 3 minutes.
How to create a Binance API key?
- Login into your Binance account
If you are new to Binance, sign-up with my referral link and get a 5% discount at trading fees.
- Enter the API management section
Hover over your account and click on API management. Be informed that, to access the API key management zone, you will need to have a two-factor authentication method already set up. For example, Google authenticator, or phone number and email.
- Give the API key a label and click create API
Enter a name for your API key and click create API.
- You will need to pass the two-factor security verification
In my case are the phone number and email. Just enter the codes received and click submit to pass the security verification.
- The Binance API key is created
Safely store your Private key because once you exit the API management zone, you will not be able to see it again. The Private key acts like a password in association with your API key.
- Edit restrictions and IP access restrictions
This is for every user’s usage situation, but keep it simple and don’t enable too many permissions. Only if you trust that third-party application. The IP access restriction will come with extra security, and only from that IP address that you set up, the third-party application will have access to your Binance account.
Many third-party applications integrate with the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, Binance. Especially trading platforms, trading bots, and portfolio trackers. So, the Binance API keys are in high demand.
Also, keep your account secure and limit the API key permissions. Furthermore, Binance recommends enabling the IP restriction for extra security.
Make sure to follow my blog and also my other channels. Shortly will come a review about a freshly launched trading platform that integrates with Binance, which brings cool new features in crypto trading.
For the new users of Binance, sign-up with my referral link and get 5% off at your trading fees for a lifetime.
Thank you for reading this Binance API key how-to-article, and I hope it is helpful to you. Feel free to share and subscribe to my little blog. Also, visit and follow me on my other channels, Youtube, LBRY and Odysee, Pinterest, Facebook, Publish0x, Instagram, Twitter.
- Easy sign-in on WEB 3.0 Dapps with the NFTs from Unstoppable DomainsUnstoppable Domains now brings a user-friendly sing-in service for the WEB 2.0 and WEB 3.0 decentralized applications – Dapps, named Login with Unstoppable. Using the blockchain domain NFTs minted on both Polygon or Ethereum blockchains, owners will be capable to simply log in on different decentralized applications, exclusively using an NFT domain.
- Titano Finance | I Invested $300 in TITANO tokens about a month agoTitano Finance review after one month since investing in the Titano token. How much I earned with the highest fixed APY, how to buy and sell, and what risks are there?
- Midas Investments Review | High APY rewards on Bitcoin, Ethereum and DEFIMidas Investments offers presently some very high APY on the top cryptocurrency. Users can gain 23% APY returns on Ethereum, 17% on Bitcoin, and other high APY’s at stable coins and DEFI assets. Find out more.
- Kucoin Burning Drop | Stake to mine crypto and burn to boost your rewardsHow to stake crypto and mine other tokens with Kucoin Burning drop. Also, burn POL tokens to boost your mining rewards. High potential crypto projects available on the Kucoin burning drop.
- How to buy Revos tokens from the sale?Made my first deal in the Revos token sale using Metamask wallet. Check my post to find how to buy Revos tokens from the sale and get 500 Revos referral bonus.
- Revos token sale | RevoFi network updates and the rSpot crypto minersRevoFi network announced the Revos cryptocurrency token sale to take place starting with December 15, 2021. Also, see other RevoFi updates and rSpot crypto miners.
This Binance API key how-to-article is intended for informational purposes only. Therefore, the views expressed in this document are not, and should not, be construed as investment advice or recommendations. Readers of this document should do their own research, taking into account their specific financial circumstances. Also, the investment objectives and risk tolerance before investing. This document is not an offer, nor the solicitation of an offer, to invest, buy or sell any of the assets mentioned herein.
This post might contain affiliate/referral link(s) or referral codes. All this means that I may earn advertising/referral fees if you purchase/register through my link.
NOTE: The affiliate links DON’T BRING ANY EXTRA COST TO YOU, it will just help to keep this little blog active.