A lot of crypto and blockchain applications require API keys to use them properly. For example, trading bots, portfolio trackers, third-party trading platforms, and so on. If you are looking for how to create and set up an API key, let’s take the biggest crypto exchange in this example, Binance. Therefore, keep on reading this learning crypto blog post, and find out how to create a Binance API key. Also, new users of Binance will get 5% off at trading fees for a lifetime.
What is an API key?
In short, regarding this Binance API key example, the API key it’s used to authenticate and give permission to a third-party application, to access some of the Binance account features. For example, to read your Binance account portfolio, enable spot and margin trading features, enable withdrawals, universal transfers, and vanilla options.
The Binance API keys will be used for distinct cases by every user, more specifically for what every user needs the API key for. But, to keep your account secured, I would recommend that everybody should limit the permissions. And by this, I mean only to enable the permissions for reading plus spot and margin trading, which will work for trading bots, third-party trading platforms, portfolio trackers.
How to create and set up the Binance API key?
Time needed: 3 minutes.
How to create a Binance API key?
- Login into your Binance account
If you are new to Binance, sign-up with my referral link and get a 5% discount at trading fees.
- Enter the API management section
Hover over your account and click on API management. Be informed that, to access the API key management zone, you will need to have a two-factor authentication method already set up. For example, Google authenticator, or phone number and email.
- Give the API key a label and click create API
Enter a name for your API key and click create API.
- You will need to pass the two-factor security verification
In my case are the phone number and email. Just enter the codes received and click submit to pass the security verification.
- The Binance API key is created
Safely store your Private key because once you exit the API management zone, you will not be able to see it again. The Private key acts like a password in association with your API key.
- Edit restrictions and IP access restrictions
This is for every user’s usage situation, but keep it simple and don’t enable too many permissions. Only if you trust that third-party application. The IP access restriction will come with extra security, and only from that IP address that you set up, the third-party application will have access to your Binance account.
Many third-party applications integrate with the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, Binance. Especially trading platforms, trading bots, and portfolio trackers. So, the Binance API keys are in high demand.
Also, keep your account secure and limit the API key permissions. Furthermore, Binance recommends enabling the IP restriction for extra security.
Make sure to follow my blog and also my other channels. Shortly will come a review about a freshly launched trading platform that integrates with Binance, which brings cool new features in crypto trading.
For the new users of Binance, sign-up with my referral link and get 5% off at your trading fees for a lifetime.
Thank you for reading this Binance API key how-to-article, and I hope it is helpful to you. Feel free to share and subscribe to my little blog. Also, visit and follow me on my other channels, Youtube, LBRY and Odysee, Pinterest, Facebook, Publish0x, Instagram, Twitter.
- Two cryptos preparing to explode? | KCS and URUS tokens analysisAre these two cryptos preparing to explode in 2022? Kucoin token – KCS, and Aurox token – URUS, future price potential and token analysis.
- Multi-chain decentralized cryptocurrency exchange – Rango DEX reviewCould this blockchain based application become the best decentralized cryptocurrency exchange? Crypto enthusiasts can now swap tokens on multiple blockchains only utilizing one easy to use decentralized blockchain based application. Rango exchange is the first multi-chain DEX aggregator to work with so many blockchains, and it is operating well, but still in Beta version.
- Unstoppable Domains crypto giveaway | Easy opportunity to win $500 in USDCUnstoppable Domains comes with a crypto giveaway for the blockchain domain owners, but also for future users who purchase an NFT domain starting from a price as low as $5.
- My Algo Wallet review and tutorial | Interact with the Algorand blockchainteract with the Algorand blockchain? If you encounter this bog post, it means that you are interested in the Algorand blockchain and you want to explore the ecosystem. A good decentralized wallet to explore this blockchain, and the one that I use, is My Algo Wallet.
- Metamask wallet | What is Metamask and how to use it?For me and I believe for many other crypto enthusiasts, words like Metamask, Pancakeswap, Uniswap, and DeFi are familiar, and used frequently. But for newcomers in the DeFi space, even the Metamask wallet can cause some serious dilemmas on what it is, how to use it, and most importantly, how to set it up.
- How to TITANO P.L.A.Y.? Big prizes from Titano Finance with the P.L.A.Y. projectTitano Finance PLAY. Major changes within the Titano Finance ecosystem, and the Titano P.L.A.Y. feature is now released with considerable potential rewards for the TITANO token holders.
This Binance API key how-to-article is intended for informational purposes only. Therefore, the views expressed in this document are not, and should not, be construed as investment advice or recommendations. Readers of this document should do their own research, taking into account their specific financial circumstances. Also, the investment objectives and risk tolerance before investing. This document is not an offer, nor the solicitation of an offer, to invest, buy or sell any of the assets mentioned herein.
This post might contain affiliate/referral link(s) or referral codes. All this means that I may earn advertising/referral fees if you purchase/register through my link.
NOTE: The affiliate links DON’T BRING ANY EXTRA COST TO YOU, it will just help to keep this little blog active.