With the new launch in the crypto space of the Chia blockchain, cryptocurrency enthusiasts started an armed competition with storage devices. We already are able to see that the hard drives are more expensive than before, and many IT stores are empty. At least in my country. Overlooking this, I have made up my mind, and I am going to build my own farming Chia computer. Therefore, if you are interested in Chia farming, stick around and subscribe to my blog to see how it works. Anyway, in this blog post, I will list my future Chia farming computer components, which are already ordered, and now I’m just waiting for their arrival. Also, the orders didn’t perform as planned.
Chia cryptocurrency is already listed on several cryptocurrency exchanges, and it can be bought and traded in multiple pairs. But, for the new crypto enthusiasts who didn’t hear about Chia, let’s start with this feature.
What is Chia and how it works?
Chia is a blockchain project that uses the Proof of Space and Time consensus. The development of the Chia cryptocurrency started in 2017, and the founder is a well-known entrepreneur who also funded BitTorrent, Bram Cohen.
Using the Proof of Space and Time consensus, the Chia network is more environmentally friendly than the Proof of Work consensus. Chia uses the free hard drive space to validate the transactions on the blockchain. Therefore, anyone can farm Chia cryptocurrency without any expansive ASIC miners. But, regarding that, the Chia network expands very rapidly, is going to be very hard to win some Chia cryptocurrency as a solo miner.
The Chia mining works from building plots on your hard drive space. The plots are some files that will solve mathematical problems given by the network. And your chances of validating a block, solving the problems given, will increase with the number of plots built.
Many crypto enthusiasts associated solo Chia mining with a lottery system, and this is true, and I totally agree with this. To win some Chia cryptocurrency, users will need to validate a block. And to have an opportunity into validating, they will need to build as many plots as they can, to be selected for solving that mathematical problem. Therefore, miners will need to fill up as much hard drive space as they can, with plots.
But, with some recent announcements from the Chia network, the official Chia Pools will come shortly. And in this kind of farming Chia, I am interested, because with pools, there will be a more stable Chia income.
There are already unofficial pools listed, but the miners will need to give away their Chia wallet private keys, in order to join that pool. Therefore, I wouldn’t be recommended this. Until then, I will build my computer and wait for the official Chia pools to appear. This way, I will also save my SSD’s life.
Where to buy and trade Chia cryptocurrency?
Chia is listed on several cryptocurrency exchanges and can be bought and traded in different pairs. Also, more exchanges will come for the Chia cryptocurrency, being a very interesting blockchain project, and with a bright future ahead. Therefore, interested crypto enthusiasts can buy and trade Chia on the following exchanges:
- Crypto.com app;
- Huobi Global exchange;
- Gate.io exchange;
- OKEx exchange;
- BKEX exchange;
- Dcoin exchange;
- CoinEx exchange;
- ZB exchange;
- LBank exchange.
My future Chia farming computer
As I said at the beginning, I have made up my mind to build my own Chia mining computer. Below you will see my initial components list, and also what I succeeded to order until now. With these specifications, I expected to build approximately 12 plots in parallel. Also, with an estimated per day, of 20 to 30 plots. One plot will be built on an interval of approximately 5 to 9 hours, depending on every computer’s specifications.
The components I have already ordered but didn’t work smoothly. Anyway, now I am just waiting to be shipped. I am trying to build something that is also on a budget, but at the same time to be competitive with the network growth. Regarding this, my initial hard drive space was planned to have a total of 70 TB, but I desire to reach 1 PB of storage sometime in the future, or even more. Until now, I only managed to order only 52 TB. In my country, all the stores are empty, and the prices almost doubled on hard drives. So, I’m beginning to ask myself, is it too late? But I’m not going back down, and continue my road with Chia farming, because I really believe in this project.
Nowadays, with the Chia network space growing very fast, the hard drive space is not enough to win some Chia rewards. It is also important the speed of your computer to build plots. More specifically, to fill up the hard drive space. Here you can find a Chia network estimative calculator to get an idea about solo mining.
So, to build plots fast, you will need a good CPU, a lot of RAM memory, and some good SSDs with some high TBW (total bytes written). The SSD’s will be put under a lot of stress, so the TBW will be necessary to be high, and not to change them regularly. Therefore, for plotting, it is recommended to use some NVMe drives.
My Chia computer components
I have no affiliation with the following computer components. These are ordered from multiple IT online stores from Romania, and I did try to find some that will be sent fast. I have changed the components a couple of times because the supplies are empty.
- The motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming;
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 3.7 GB, with 12 cores and 24 threads;
- 2 x 2 TB SSDs: XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive, with NVMe support, 1200 TB – TBW/SSD, and heat-sink;
- 1 SSD for the OS: SSD Kingston KC600 512 GB 2.5 Inch; SATA III;
- RAM: 1x Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 64 GB DDR4, 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel;
- Power supply unit: HX750i High-Performance ATX;
- Graphics card: GeForce GT 1030 4 GB, DDR4 64-bit;
- Initial hard drive space: planned to be 70 TB of initial storage with 5 x 10 TB Seagate, and 2 x 10 TB external hard drives Western Digital. But, until now, I only succeeded to buy 3 x 12 TB – HDD Synology HAT5300 12TB SATA 3 7200 RPM 3.5 Inch, and 1 x 16 TB Seagate IronWolf Pro SATA-III 7200RPM 256 MB.
- Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL black, middle tower, tempered glass.
These are the computer components that I have ordered, and I hope to arrive soon. If you are interested in how it will go, make sure to subscribe to my blog. I intend to come with a blog post with the Chia farming computer building. Also, after is all done and the Chia pools will emerge, I will update you on how this system will work.
In my country, the total amount for these computer components, and with this initial hard drive space, is somewhere around $5000. I hope for the best, and I strongly believe that the Chia price will go in a positive direction.
I have missed the Bitcoin inception, but I will not be too late on this great blockchain project. Therefore, stick around, subscribe, and see how Chia farming will work.
Regarding the market capital, Chia is currently ranked in a place near the 2500th area, according to CoinMarketCap. But with time, I see the Chia cryptocurrency in the top 100, easy. Also, please remember that I am not a financial advisor, these are only my feelings regarding the Chia blockchain project. Therefore, everybody should do their own research before investing in cryptocurrency.
Thank you for reading this Chia crypto blog post, and I hope you enjoy it. I will come with updates with my Chia farming project, and also with other details and updates from the Chia Network. Therefore, subscribe to my little blog, and also visit my other channels, Youtube, LBRY and Odysee, Pinterest, Facebook, Publish0x, Instagram, Twitter.]
- Easy sign-in on WEB 3.0 Dapps with the NFTs from Unstoppable DomainsUnstoppable Domains now brings a user-friendly sing-in service for the WEB 2.0 and WEB 3.0 decentralized applications – Dapps, named Login with Unstoppable. Using the blockchain domain NFTs minted on both Polygon or Ethereum blockchains, owners will be capable to simply log in on different decentralized applications, exclusively using an NFT domain.
- Titano Finance | I Invested $300 in TITANO tokens about a month agoTitano Finance review after one month since investing in the Titano token. How much I earned with the highest fixed APY, how to buy and sell, and what risks are there?
- Midas Investments Review | High APY rewards on Bitcoin, Ethereum and DEFIMidas Investments offers presently some very high APY on the top cryptocurrency. Users can gain 23% APY returns on Ethereum, 17% on Bitcoin, and other high APY’s at stable coins and DEFI assets. Find out more.
- Kucoin Burning Drop | Stake to mine crypto and burn to boost your rewardsHow to stake crypto and mine other tokens with Kucoin Burning drop. Also, burn POL tokens to boost your mining rewards. High potential crypto projects available on the Kucoin burning drop.
- How to buy Revos tokens from the sale?Made my first deal in the Revos token sale using Metamask wallet. Check my post to find how to buy Revos tokens from the sale and get 500 Revos referral bonus.
- Revos token sale | RevoFi network updates and the rSpot crypto minersRevoFi network announced the Revos cryptocurrency token sale to take place starting with December 15, 2021. Also, see other RevoFi updates and rSpot crypto miners.
This Chia blog post is intended for informational purposes only. Therefore, the views expressed in this document are not, and should not, be construed as investment advice or recommendations. Readers of this document should do their own research, taking into account their specific financial circumstances. Also, the investment objectives and risk tolerance before investing. This document is not an offer, nor the solicitation of an offer, to invest, buy or sell any of the assets mentioned herein.
This Chia blockchain project article might contain affiliate/referral link(s) or referral codes. All this means that I may earn advertising/referral fees if you purchase/register through my link.
NOTE: The affiliate links DON’T BRING ANY EXTRA COST TO YOU, it will just help to keep this little blog active.